Archive for April, 2009

A few days off

Wednesday, April 29th, 2009

Sorry for the lack of updates. The last 24 hours of our first session in Gröndal was quite hectic but it all worked out great in the end. We succeded in recording all the basic tracks for the new album this last weekend. The album will consist of 3 tracks with a total playingtime somewhere in the region of 50 minutes. In a couple of days we’ll be heading to a smaller (and alot cheaper) studio called “Version Studio” to record overdubs, vocals, hammond, rhodes and whatnot.

Day 3

Sunday, April 26th, 2009

Yesterday was a long but pretty rewarding day of work. From 9 am to 2 am. Basic tracks for 2 of the 3 songs are now complete so today we’ll be trying to get the last track down on tape. (Hard drive really…)

Late night

Sunday, April 26th, 2009

For the gear nerd I can say that the studio has a great arsenal of exotic/fabulous/vintage mics, mic pres, outboard. To get your saliva glands working overtime I can inform you that mics for drums include Neumann U47FET/M149 Tube, Coles 4038, Gefell UM70, Royer R121, RCA DX77 among the usual suspects such as Sennheiser MD421, Electro-Voice RE20, etc going into Neve 1081, API 3124, Chandler TG2, Trident & Spectra Sonics mic pres.

Guitars are rocking Royer R121’s, MD421’s, etc and bass is being picked up by SM7 and MD421.

End of day 1

Saturday, April 25th, 2009

After 16 hours we all collapsed for a few hours of sleep. We managed to record another “so and so” take of one song. At the end of the night we where so tired that we could hardly hear what sounded good or not.

Day 2

Saturday, April 25th, 2009

Right now we’re all trying to wake up and get going.


Saturday, April 25th, 2009

Finally. We have deiceded on a take on one track and will now move on to do takes of another song. Some pictures later on today.


Saturday, April 25th, 2009

The basic tracking of at least 2 of the 3 songs are now almost complete.


Saturday, April 25th, 2009

Now we’re doing some small guitar track repairs.


Friday, April 24th, 2009

After the usual problems with faulty microphone cables, michrophone pre-amps etc, we have finally started to do some “real” takes. The goal is to have 3 good takes of each song to chose from in the end. So far we’ve done one take that’s “ok” that we’ll save but I’m pretty sure we’ll do a better take at the next try.


  • January 2014
  • January 2013
  • December 2012
  • November 2012
  • October 2012
  • August 2012
  • July 2012
  • June 2012
  • May 2012
  • April 2012
  • January 2012
  • November 2011
  • September 2011
  • March 2011
  • September 2010
  • August 2010
  • October 2009
  • June 2009
  • May 2009
  • April 2009

  • Categories

  • 2009 album recording
  • Uncategorized